What happens at a behaviour consultation?
Following your initial telephone or email contact with Loni there are a series of steps leading through the consultation process:
1. Download and send referral form to your vet asking them to complete it and provide it to Loni along with a full clinical history.
2. Complete the appropriate behaviour questionnaire for your animal and return it to Loni to email@example.com.
3. Following receipt of your forms we will arrange a consultation date and you will be sent an invoice with a 50% deposit payable to confirm your booking.
4. Loni will either conduct an online consultation via Zoom or visit you and your animal in your home or stable environment (whichever is selected by you) to discuss the problem in full and observe your animal. Some consultations will require travel to a place associated with the problem such as a local park or riding arena.
5. Loni provides an in-depth analysis of why the behaviour is occurring, some initial advice and suggestions for training or changes to the environment during the initial consultation.
6. Loni coordinates information from your referring veterinary surgeon, behavioural questionnaire and observation at the consultation to explain the behavioural problem and why it is occurring.
7. Following the consultation Loni will write a personalised report including any behaviour modification plan tailored to you and your pet; these will clarify all the points made in the consultation and provide you with a step by step programme to change the problem behaviours
8. Loni will send a copy to your veterinary surgeon and any other paraprofessionals involved with your pet and engage in discussion with them as required
9. You will have a further 1-hour follow-up session via Zoom at an agreed time to discuss your progress and provide optional support for all involved
10. Further follow up visits for animal training or coaching may be arranged separately if desired